Carrie-Leigh Watkins, Business Administrator Apprentice for Infrastructure


Carrie-Leigh Watkins is one of our youngest apprentices, she is currently working towards a City and Guilds Level 3 in business administration. Carrie-Leigh explains how this apprenticeship is proving exciting and eye-opening. 

“Although I did well at school, sitting in a classroom and being told what to do wasn’t for me. I was keen to get myself into the workplace so that I could work my way up and progress my career as best I could.

What I love about my apprenticeship is the fact that I feel so independent and responsible. At only 16, I haven’t been used to earning money, so it’s great to feel independent with a wage coming in every month.

I am making so many important connections with many professionals within the business. I feel extremely privileged that these important people put their trust in me to deliver the work they need me to.

The best thing about working for Kier is the people. I enjoy working with my colleagues, everybody is so friendly and helpful. The environment is positive and everybody is willing to help one another, when needed.

In addition, I enjoy the fact that I work for an internationally recognised company that is constantly growing, it’s a very exciting, interesting and great time to be at the company.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment