Rajan Singh, civil engineering apprentice


Rajan, 19 is from Birmingham and his dream career is to be a chartered civil engineer and project manager. Here, Rajan tells us how he’s making his dreams a reality through an apprenticeship.

This apprenticeship has everything really. I always knew I wanted to go into mechanical and civil engineering. I think it links back to my family history - my Grandad has a degree in mechanics and my other Grandad was involved with the rail industry. It was also the future prospects that attracted me to this role as well as the chance to travel and work abroad, which is something I might want to do. I am definitely more hands on but I do like the balance between theory and practical.

I really love the fact that I get to learn all about the infrastructure, the design and all the planning that goes into the project before the work even starts. I’ve had so many new experiences that I previously wouldn’t have thought possible.

What I really like about this apprenticeship is the training provided and the support from the staff. It’s so much better than my previous jobs in retail where I never really felt supported. Now, I feel like people really want to help me and see me succeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment