Lewis Scott, trainee supervisor





I joined Kier in August 2014 and I love it. I like that each day is differently and I’m constantly learning new things. 

I enjoy interacting with the different workers on site too – I look forward to coming into work every day.


A typical day for me on site involves managing our supply chain and materials, as well as ensuring health and safety standards are always being maintained.  I also spend time shadowing the site managers and giving inductions to visitors. I’m currently studying for my NVQ Level 3 in construction alongside my work on site.


In the future I would like to become a site manager and maybe explore construction overseas. My brother is a quantity surveyor and he always spoke highly of the industry.


My apprenticeship has allowed me to grow my confidence, meeting with new people every day. I’ve learnt so much about different trades and I’m looking forward to learning more about the practical side of their work too.


Kier has been really supportive and there is a clear career path for you if you put the hard work in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment