Stewart Croft, construction supervisor






I started working at Kier as an apprentice after I left St Francis Xavier School.


I’m finding my apprenticeship really interesting and varied and a typical day for me usually consists of carrying out site inductions, attending progress review meetings with subcontractors and liaising with clients about the scheme’s management.


I also spend time working with other members of the project team to understand the various roles required to deliver projects.


I find my college course is really relatable to experiences I’ve come across on site which helps my learning to keep developing the more time I spend on the project. It’s great to be earning whilst attending college to gain my NVQ and put my learnings there into practice on site.


I’m looking forward to further progressing within Kier as well as academically. I’m hoping to complete my NVQ in a year or so and then hopefully get the opportunity to go onto the Kier Foundation Degree Programme.


There’s a lot of competition for apprenticeship places but if you work hard and secure one you can learn so much.  I try to take in as much knowledge from the people around me as I can as each day is different within construction

0 comments:

Post a Comment