Dec Brumby, quantity surveyor



I’m working on Kier’s Don Valley project in Sheffield as an apprentice quantity surveyor, a role I’ve been in since I left Castleford Academy. My main responsibilities include totaling up the site team’s worksheets to confirm wages payment. I also complete daily work sheets and apply rates to labour materials to work out a total cost for daywork.

 I’m really enjoying my apprenticeship – getting paid whilst learning and having an opportunity for life is all you can ask for. Long-term I’d like to become a fully qualified quantity surveyor and maybe also experience a different career in construction.

 I think an apprenticeship is a great opportunity to learn and earn at the same time whilst working towards a long-term career ambition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment