Bradley Dean, apprentice joiner


Bradley, 21 is currently an apprentice joiner with Kier North Tyneside. Bradley is currently working towards a Level 3 Site Carpentry. Here, he explains why an apprenticeship was the obvious choice for him.

“I chose an apprenticeship because I didn't want to go in to full time education and I wanted to earn an income. An apprenticeship is ideal for me, I am earning an income, gaining a trade and qualifications at the same time.

I am really enjoying the hands-on approach to work and learning at the same time, which I am more suited to, rather than being in a classroom five days a week.

The skills and knowledge I am gaining from this apprenticeship are not just benefiting me in my professional role, I have been able to use them outside of it too. I have been able to transfer these skills into my everyday life by developing my own property, something I am extremely proud of.

The colleagues I have worked with have been fantastic, taking the time to teach me the skills that I need to become a good joiner. I have also built friendships up with them outside of work.

Also working for Kier has given me the opportunity to work on various projects over the time of my apprenticeship. This means I have gained many skills in various sectors of the company.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment