Stacey Botwood, apprentice coordinator


I have been at Kier Living since 2013 where I started as a business administration apprentice and have since progressed to the role of apprentice coordinator.

During my apprenticeship I completed my level 2 in Business Administration and my manager, who is keen to promote from within, recognised my administrative and IT skills and then offered me the job of Apprentice Coordinator. I am now well on my way to completing my level 3 Business Administration qualification and have also been on a First Aid course, Assertiveness Training and a Face Fit testing course. Kier believe in developing people and this is evident through my experiences here.

Most days I visit sites to carry out reviews with our apprentices and make sure they are happy in their roles. This is the part of my job I love the most as no one day is the same, travelling to different sites and meeting different people. Being female, I never thought I would ever be working in the construction industry, but now that I am I can see there are so many different roles and a lot more females coming into the industry at high levels. For example, three of the directors at Kier Living Central are female!

When I’m not at work I enjoy exploring what the UK has to offer. I love horror movies, going to concerts, playing on my PlayStation, shopping and reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment