Ben Castle, site carpenter


I’ve been working as a carpenter at Kier Living since November 2015. My favourite part of the role is getting the chance to carry out a wide variety of jobs on site.

While I do prefer some tasks more than others, it’s great that I’m getting the opportunity to develop and learn valuable new skills which will help me in my career as well as outside the workplace. I’ve had great support from my colleagues, which has really helped me settle in as an apprentice. If I ever needed help or assistance, they are always more than happy to help.

Outside of work I love skateboarding and everything about it, from the construction of the ramps to the dented shins. I also enjoy working with cars and I’m currently restoring a classic Volvo 240 saloon. To me, there is no better feeling than investing money and effort into a project and then seeing it come to life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment