Karine Harris, apprentice supervisor



I left home aged 16 with hardly any qualifications, and became homeless at 18. After three years living on the streets and in hostels, I was referred to the Prince’s Trust Team programme, which gives unemployed young people the skills and confidence to find work.
I wanted to work in construction, and through the programme I secured an apprenticeship with Kier, and I love my job. I’m in my element; I work on major, multi-million pound projects, so every day brings something new. I’m finding new techniques and innovative ideas, learning to solve problems safely and efficiently, and seeing amazing views of London, all while earning a wage!

I’ve found my groove in construction, and I’ll be happy here for a long time. I really feel like I’m living the dream – I get up in the morning and I’m excited to go to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment