Elizabeth Durowoju, civil engineer


Elizabeth is from London and is relishing her apprenticeship. Find out why she enjoys it so much, below. 

I used to work for a railway company and during this time I would see engineers come and go and I was inspired by their drawings and work – I wanted to dig deeper and find out what they actually did. One day, I had a discovery moment when I actually saw the full installation of laying track – from all the prep work through to the track itself. It was then that I realised that I wanted to learn more and have a career in this field.

I love this apprenticeship as it picks the brains of experts in every department during the rotation. You get exposed to such broad knowledge in such a short amount of time. There is so much to take in; it really is an amazing opportunity. There is a real structure; from day one we have been a part of the team and involved with important tasks and decisions.

I am excited to face newer and bigger projects. I have the chance to travel the world for work… I can’t wait to see what happens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment