Megan Selkirk, management trainee


Megan, 19 is currently working towards her NVQ Level 4, Construction Management qualification. Here, Megan shares with us why she chose an apprenticeship and the hugely rewarding outcomes it’s offered.

I knew that a university degree was never going to suit my style of learning but I still wanted to gain a degree. By going for this apprenticeship with Kier, I knew that I could work towards a higher qualification whilst being hands on, getting experience in the workplace and still earn a good wage. The construction industry has always interested me as there are so many elements to it. By doing the management trainee programme alongside my NVQ I am able to experience all the different professions within the business.

The best thing about the apprenticeship is being able to see how a project starts, right from tendering all the way to the handover. Being on site everyday means that I get to see the building progress throughout all stages which is hugely rewarding.

Kier is great to work for and I am especially grateful to my co-workers, who are always there to support me with work and even teaching. I’ve also been able to work on some great opportunities to help with charity projects, such as ‘The House’ in St Austell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment