Adam Fare, civil engineering apprentice


Adam is 21 and currently working towards a NVQ level 4 in high speed rail and infrastructure. Adam is currently combining his theoretical work with practical learning. Here, he explains why an apprenticeship was the best option for him.

“I decided on an apprenticeship after pursuing the traditional university route which I felt was too much like being back at school and I wanted the opportunity to earn while learning. I really wanted to apply knowledge to real world applications and push myself. I also relocated three hours away from home which allowed me to experience a new place and pursue new opportunities.

The best thing about this apprenticeship is learning the world of work and how to be an independent person whilst being part of a big team that is delivering a massively important project, HS2.

It’s very exciting to be a part of it and I’ve learnt so much more than I could at university, as I am applying the knowledge I’ve learnt daily. It’s taught me how to integrate in to a workplace as well as other vital skills.

Kier is full of great minds and great people. As a company, it has been immensely supportive. The company and its staff have made me feel part of the team and that I am able to fulfil my potential and progress within the company.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment